Subscribe NowWeekly updates from our team, straight to your inbox
August 2020 Valuation Barometer
Highlights from our August Valuation Barometer, covering deals and valuation multiples in UK M&A from July 2020.
- The last month saw a continuation of the recovery in post-COVID deal volumes, with M&A transactions involving UK companies increasing 12% to 245 from 219 in June.
- The gross deal value was also up materially – we calculated that transactions valued at an aggregate £18.9 billion were announced or completed during the month.
- Despite the month-on-month improvement, volumes remain subdued relative to ‘normal’ levels – July 2020 deal completions were down 32% against July 2019.
- Swiss Re’s sale of its ReAssure Group plc subsidiary to Phoenix Group Holdings plc for £3.2 billion.
- The merger of Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) and TPG Telecom, which values VHA at A$7.5 billion.
- The acquisition of Centrica’s North American subsidiary Direct Energy by US listed NRG Energy for $3.6 billion.
- Resolution Life’s takeover of banking and insurance services provider AMP Life for $2.1 billion.
Access to the full list of deals in the August Valuation Barometer is reserved for members of the MarktoMarket Data Co-operative.
For the full list of previous 2020 Barometers – visit our reports page.
Download the Report
The executive report is available to anyone working in advisory or investment teams.