Subscribe NowWeekly updates from our team, straight to your inbox
August 2020 Valuation Barometer
Deal volumes and valuations in July 2020
Download our latest monthly Valuation Barometer, covering deals and valuation multiples in UK M&A from July 2020.
- The last month saw a continuation of the recovery in post-COVID deal volumes, with M&A transactions involving UK companies increasing 12% to 245 from 219 in June.
- The gross deal value was also up materially – we calculated that transactions valued at an aggregate £18.9 billion were announced or completed during the month.
- Despite the month-on-month improvement, volumes remain subdued relative to ‘normal’ levels – July 2020 deal completions were down 32% against July 2019.
- Swiss Re’s sale of its ReAssure Group plc subsidiary to Phoenix Group Holdings plc for £3.2 billion.
- The merger of Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) and TPG Telecom, which values VHA at A$7.5 billion.
- The acquisition of Centrica’s North American subsidiary Direct Energy by US listed NRG Energy for $3.6 billion.
- Resolution Life’s takeover of banking and insurance services provider AMP Life for $2.1 billion.
Access to the full list of deals is reserved for members of the MarktoMarket Data Co-operative. For more information, please contact Doug Lawson, firstname.lastname@example.org.