Subscribe NowWeekly updates from our team, straight to your inbox
JUNE 2020 M&A AND CAPITAL RAISING SURVEY RESULTS REVEALED
MarktoMarket has followed-up its initial survey on post-COVID attitudes towards M&A and Capital Raising by going back to its network of the UK’s most prominent and active M&A, Private Equity and Venture Capital professionals to assess their outlook on levels of activity and valuations. For access to the full report please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our results suggest that sentiment is growing for a bounce back in M&A activity in the second half of 2020:
- our data indicates a significant positive shift in expectations for an upturn in deal volumes in the second half of 2020 (versus the first half)
- aborted deals declined, with almost half as many advisers and investors working on cancelled deals in May relative to April
- the proportion of our network expecting M&A valuations to fall by more than 25% in the second half declined from 22% to 12%
- a majority of our network now expects either an increase or no change in the volume of fundraising deals in the second half of 2020 (versus the first half)….
- ….however, a growing number of advisers and investors worked on fundraising deals where valuations have been reduced, predominantly due to COVID-19