Subscribe NowWeekly updates from our team, straight to your inbox
March 2021 Valuation Barometer
Highlights from our March ’21 Valuation Barometer, covering deals and valuation multiples in UK M&A in February 2021. Request the report below.
The last month proved to be another strong period for UK deal activity. A total of 395 M&A transactions were recorded in February (19% higher than January).
The energy sector was particularly active. Greencoat Energy completed 4 deals in the month, including its first entry into Scandinavia with the acquisition of a 43MW wind farm development for €60 million.
We calculated that M&A deals valued at a total of £48.2 billion were executed or announced during the month, 45% higher than January 2021.
We identified 9 events with a deal value of over £1 billion, including Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ bid for medicinal cannabis company GW Pharmaceuticals, and the proposed reverse of startup
online car retailer Cazoo into a US-listed Special Purpose Acquisition Vehicle (SPAC).
Other deals during February included:
- Reading-based Dialog Semiconductor’s £4.2 billion takeover by Renesas Electronics Corporation of Japan
- The €3.5 billion investment into vet practice consolidator Independent Vetcare by private equity groups Silver Lake Partners and EQT
- Greencoat Energy’s acquisition of Kokkoneva wind farm for €60m
The smaller end of the market witnessed the following deals:
- Coca-Cola European Partners’ acquisition of Coca-Cola Amatil, one of the largest bottlers and
distributors of Coke and other drinks in Asia-Pacific, valuing the business at £5.8 million
- The sale of Mortgage Gym, an online mortgage calculator and adviser, to LSL Property Services for £2.4 million
- The £2.3 million acquisition of wealth management business Montagu by Mattioli Woods
sAMPLE COMPLETED AND ANNOUNCED m&a MULTIPLES – February 2021
Request the executive report below. Please contact email@example.com to discuss access to the full list of deals in the MarktoMarket Valuation Barometers.
For the full list of previous 2020 / 2021 Barometers – visit our reports page.
Request the March 2021 Barometer
Submit the form for the executive report.